Either Monday or Tuesday, I will go to either Bong or Nimba, or perhaps Lofa, to try and find some of those crazy army worms. It will be one of my first big upcountry trips in Liberia, so stay tuned.
I'm expecting very limited internet, so this blog will be quiet for a bit, but, in the meantime:
Around the web...
- African Badasses
- Quotes from great photographers
- I love Strange Maps
- A new blog worth reading about all things mo'dern and mo'probs
- Daniel Kalinaki blogs only occassionaly, but worth the RSS
- How much money aid workers make, from Change.org. (All more than me.)
- Icebreakers are making a documentary called Behind the Mirror. While a lot has been written about this community in Uganda, this is one of their first chances to tell their own story. So donate some money and help them out a bit
- Photo essay with more Nkunda than you ever thought you needed, from VII agency
- Pieter Hugo: so weird, so good
- Great list - ten things you can do about the war in Congo
And some shameless self-promotion:
- Vote for me in the Bloggies before the deadline (Feb 2).
- Some of my photos will very soon be for sale as pretty greeting cards from Awava (check here for homepage, blog, facebook group and Foundation). Run by friend, money benefiting good people.
- Bill who writes on the blog Common Sense and Whiskey sent me a few questions about my work a bit ago, and I just sent him the answers which he'll post soon. Check back there.