- My favorite from 2008. From a good friend's introduction ceremony in south-west Uganda. Traditional weddings are busy events, but this quiet moment made me think of the bride looking through the window to her future.
- I posted Perspective in late November - a series of before and after photos, sort of. I enjoyed compiling it because the final photo often necessarily excludes a whole lot of context.
- Little Girls in Pretty Dresses combines photos of just that with conjectures on where these second-hand lovelies came from, and where they've ended up.
- This lady in Gulu is so happy.
Story Behind the Story
- After I visited the Congo border, I complied 20 questions, and ultimately, questioned the way we do news.
- My first ever AP Photo of the Day came from a construction accident photo of a dead body. Yuck.
- After I took photos in the Kireka Quarry, Stephen became a Ugandan orphan with a web presence.
My Two Shillings
- African Woman magazine publishes Fistula to Fab! and I question this.
- Celebrity photographers hit up the Kivus instead of the Hamptons, and I question this, and then someone questions me.
- Why a mzungu and a matatu make me think about development tourism.
Funny things that are so funny they don't seem true, but really, they are
- New Vision publishes about the failure to get the goat.
- My father is involved in my engagement to a Congolese man who I have never met.
- Are you looking for lion sex? And you are looking here? Really?